Creative Learning Center provides a climate for growth where children are helped to understand their world through the full use of their senses, their feelings, and their intellects. Our program focuses on three essential educational principles:
- Enhancing a positive self-image - A child's self image is the most important ingredient in the learning process. At Creative Learning Center children develop a high sense of self esteem; a feeling of competence that breeds further success and motivation for further learning.
- Providing a safe environment to explore social relationships - Social sensitivity is a slow arduous process that involves learning to understand how to share, cooperate and empathize. We believe that play is vital to a child's learning positive social values. Through play, children learn to initiate and sustain relationships, building interpersonal trust and emotional maturity.
- Introducing academics through "hands-on", interactive experiences - Each child is a unique individual with different levels of development. It is our role to assess each child and provide a broad spectrum of learning experiences geared to challenge the mind and body and cultivate curiosity and awareness of the world. Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of each individual child.
Creative Learning Center was established in 1976 to provide a comprehensive Early Childhood Education program and resource center for the Diablo and San Ramon Valley communities.
Our educational facility is especially designed with children in mind! Every feature of the indoor and outdoor learning environment is an extension of the school's philosophy and goals, and is carefully planned to meet the development needs of young children. We are fully licensed by the State Department of Social Services.
Our facility is open to all children between 2 years and 6 months of age through Kindergarten. We offer year-round Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten programs with half day
(a.m. or p.m.) and school day options.
The heart of any educational experience lies in the interaction of people with one another. The staff at Creative Learning Center includes teachers trained specifically in Early Childhood Education and diversified in age, experience and interest to provide a rich collection of talent and expertise. The teacher/student ratio is 1:5-1:8.
- Linda joined CLC in 1999. She received her B.S. in Child Development from University of California, Davis, and previously taught locally, as well as in Oklahoma. She is our kitchen manager this year, helping us keep our Together Time Groups in their bubbles every day!
- Chieko has been with CLC since 2010. She is teaching our school day Jr. Kindergarten group this year. She received her B.A. from University of California, Davis, and her Teaching Credential from San Jose State University. Before joining CLC she taught in the SRVUSD, in the Palo Alto USD, as well as several ECE programs.
- Mandy joined CLC in August 2018. She studied Early Childhood Education at American River and Sacramento City Colleges as well as Diablo Valley College. She is our morning and afternoon Purple Together Time group teacher this year.
- Janice joined CLC in Fall 2018. She is our JK Orange Crabs teacher this year. She received an A.A. in Child Development and an A.A. in Social and Behavioral Sciences from Mira Costa College in 2018.
- Tina joined our teaching team in 2021. She has worked with young children for over 26 years since receiving her BA in Child Development from San Francisco State University. She continues as our Green Together Time teacher this school year.
- Traci joined our teaching team in 2021. She has been in Early Childhood Education since 2008. She was a preschool teacher for a small Pleasant Hill preschool from 2009 until they closed in 2020. Traci will continue to be part of our CLC team this school year substituting in our classroom groups and working behind the scenes on various projects.
- Yvonne joined CLC as a substitute teacher in 2022. She has over 20 years in childcare as a nanny and preschool teacher. A Bay Area native, she received her BA from Northridge and certification to work in preschools while living in Southern California.
- Tammy joined CLC in 2020 as Teacher Aide. She received her ECE training and has experience at several local programs.
- Chiaki joined CLC in 2021 as Teacher Aide in the Tigers Jr. Kindergarten group. She is a published children's book author with many years experience in Early Childhood Education.
- Leyla joined CLC in 2022 as Teacher Aide in the Tigers Jr. Kindergarten group and main classroom. We are thrilled to have a former Tiger be a part of our teaching team!
- Laurie has re-joined CLC! She was a regular substitute for many years after starting as a Parent Participant in 1986. She was a daily Together Time group teacher in 2018-2020 and will join us as an Aide in our main classroom this school year.
- Mike Mascaro, Co-Owner and Resident Handyman, has been in the medical technology and website world since 1994. He owns Diablo Microsystems an IT company that specializes in dental and small businesses. His team built and designed the website for BFI Waste Services, EastBayPreschools.com and BayAreaPreschools.com.
- Julie Nejedly our School Administrator, joined our CLC staff in 2012. Her background includes a B.A. from University of the Pacific in Economics, work in investment banking and project finance, and a wealth of administrative and volunteer leadership experience in local schools and charities.
PARENTS also play a vital role at Creative Learning Center! We encourage hands-on parent participation. Parent conferences are also scheduled regularly to provide a time for more formal communication.
Why Creative Learning Center
- Chosen "Best Preschool in East Bay" Readers' Choice Awards by Bay Area News Group
- Our educational facility is especially designed with children in mind. Every feature of the indoor and outdoor learning environment is an extension of the school’s philosophy and goals, and is carefully planned to meet the development needs of young children.
- Program schedule flexibility offers parents full or part week/half day or school day options.
- The staff includes teachers trained specifically in ECE with a wide range of experience and interests to provide a diversified collection of talent and expertise. The teacher/student ratio is 1:5 – 1:8 and the staff turnover rate is extremely low.
- Parent Participation in our classroom is encouraged (but not required). Volunteering in our classroom offers parents an opportunity to experience firsthand our quality program, see your child interact with others, and observe our staff in action.
- "Curbside service” at drop off and pick up enhances convenience.
- We offer strong communication with our parents through regularly scheduled parent conferences and monthly newsletters, as well as ongoing informal opportunities.
- Continuous staff professional development gives teachers regular opportunities for professional growth and re-energizing.
- We’ve been providing comprehensive Early Childhood Education programs since 1976.