Creative Learning Center provides a climate for growth where children are helped to understand their world through the full use of their senses, their feelings, and their intellects. Our program focuses on three essential educational principles:
- Enhancing a positive self-image - A child's self image is the most important ingredient in the learning process. At Creative Learning Center children develop a high sense of self esteem; a feeling of competence that breeds further success and motivation for further learning.
- Providing a safe environment to explore social relationships - Social sensitivity is a slow arduous process that involves learning to understand how to share, cooperate and empathize. We believe that play is vital to a child's learning positive social values. Through play, children learn to initiate and sustain relationships, building interpersonal trust and emotional maturity.
- Introducing academics through "hands-on", interactive experiences - Each child is a unique individual with different levels of development. It is our role to assess each child and provide a broad spectrum of learning experiences geared to challenge the mind and body and cultivate curiosity and awareness of the world. Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of each individual child.
Creative Learning Center was established in 1976 to provide a comprehensive Early Childhood Education program and resource center for the Diablo and San Ramon Valley communities.
Our educational facility is especially designed with children in mind! Every feature of the indoor and outdoor learning environment is an extension of the school's philosophy and goals, and is carefully planned to meet the development needs of young children. We are fully licensed by the State Department of Social Services.
Our facility is open to all children between 2 years and 6 months of age through Kindergarten. We offer year-round Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten programs with half day
(a.m. or p.m.), school day and after school options.
The heart of any educational experience lies in the interaction of people with one another. The staff at Creative Learning Center includes teachers trained specifically in Early Childhood Education and diversified in age, experience and interest to provide a rich collection of talent and expertise. The teacher/student ratio is 1:5-1:8.
- Laurie has been on CLC’s staff as a regular substitute since 1990, after starting as a Parent Participant in 1986.She now joins us daily as a morning Orange Tiger Teacher and an afternoon Red Rock Star Teacher.
- Linda joined CLC in 1999. She received her B.S. in Child Development from University of California, Davis, and previously taught locally, as well as in Oklahoma. She is our early morning arrival teacher, and our morning Blue Together Time Teacher.
- Chieko has been with CLC since 2010. She is teaching our morning Red Together Time group again this year as well as our afternoon Junior Kindergarten group. She received her B.A. from University of California, Davis, and her Teaching Credential from San Jose State University. Before joining CLC she taught in the SRVUSD, in the Palo Alto USD, as well as several ECE programs.
- Lindi, who joined us in 2015, will be working with our morning Junior Kindergarten group and our afternoon Red Together Time groups this year. She was graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.S. in Special Education and holds certifications in Early Childhood Education. Before joining CLC she taught preschool in New York City and Georgia.
- Mariah joined our teaching team in Summer 2018. She has worked at several East Bay programs since her ECE training at Las Positas College. She will be our morning Yellow Together Time and afternoon Green Together Time teacher for this school year.
- Emma joined our teaching team in Fall 2018, but has been a regular at CLC as a family assistant for many years. She received her A.A. in ECE from City College of San Francisco, and continues to work toward her B.A. in Child and Adolescent Development at San Francisco State University. She is our morning Gold Together Time teacher and afternoon Associate Teacher.
- Janice joined CLC in Fall 2018 as teacher of the morning and afternoon Purple Together Time groups. She received her A.A. in Child Development and A.A. in Social and Behavioral Sciences from Mira Costa College in 2018. She previously worked as a preschool teacher, camp teacher and swim instructor in many locations in the East Bay.
- Mary Anne joined us in 2015 and continues with us as a Teacher Aide. She received her ECE training at DVC and has experience at several local programs.
- Julie Nejedly our School Administrator, joined our CLC staff in 2012. Her background includes a B.A. from University of the Pacific in Economics, work in investment banking and project finance, and a wealth of administrative and volunteer leadership experience in local schools and charities.
- Jodi Mascaro, Co-Owner and Director, is a dedicated, experienced Early Childhood Education professional. Her educational background includes Master of Science in Early Childhood Education from California State University, East Bay and a Bachelor of Science in Child Development from California State University, Fresno. Her 20 years of ECE experience includes Head Infant Teacher, with CSU, Fresno; Head Teacher, with the San Jose State University Child Development Center; and from 2004 to 2018, an ECE Specialist with the Chabot Las Positas Community College District.
- Mike Mascaro, Co-Owner and Resident Handyman, has been in the medical technology and website world since 1994. He previously owned Diablo Microsystems and currently works for Pact-One Solutions. His team built and designed the website for BFI Waste Services, EastBayPreschools.com and BayAreaPreschools.com.
PARENTS also play a vital role at Creative Learning Center! We encourage hands-on parent participation. Parent conferences are also scheduled regularly to provide a time for more formal communication.
Why Creative Learning Center
- Chosen "Best Preschool in East Bay" again 2018 Readers' Choice Awards by Bay Area News Group
- Our educational facility is especially designed with children in mind. Every feature of the indoor and outdoor learning environment is an extension of the school’s philosophy and goals, and is carefully planned to meet the development needs of young children.
- Program schedule flexibility offers parents full or part week/half day or school day options.
- The staff includes teachers trained specifically in ECE with a wide range of experience and interests to provide a diversified collection of talent and expertise. The teacher/student ratio is 1:5 – 1:8 and the staff turnover rate is extremely low.
- Parent Participation in our classroom is encouraged (but not required). Volunteering in our classroom offers parents an opportunity to experience firsthand our quality program, see your child interact with others, and observe our staff in action.
- "Curbside service” at drop off and pick up enhances convenience.
- We offer strong communication with our parents through regularly scheduled parent conferences and monthly newsletters, as well as ongoing informal opportunities.
- Continuous staff professional development gives teachers regular opportunities for professional growth and re-energizing.
- We’ve been providing comprehensive Early Childhood Education programs since 1976.